I'm a stay at home mum, I love to bake and sew, getting out with by daughter and creator of the childrens clothing label My Little I Designs

Sunday 10 November 2013

My Top 3 Beauty Products for New Mums

Being a new mum is tough; of course you know your life will change, but the paradigm shift is mind-numbing, you just don't get time for yourself.

Not long after Isla was born I had to run into the bank at our local shopping centre. I had no makeup on, hair unwashed, crumpled clothes and I just wanted to race in and straight back out. 

As fate would have it, I ran into a work colleague. I knew I looked like a wreck and the look on her face confirmed it. 

Before having my baby I always took pride in my appearance, and the chance encounter had jolted me back to reality. I was feeling tired, run-down and frumpy. Yes, these are all completely normal feelings after just having a baby and adapting to life on 4 hrs sleep, but I had forgotten how empowered I felt just by putting on some lipstick. 

Here are the top 3 beauty products for new mums. They helped me to feel more like my old self, and only take a sec.

1. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
    A quick spray will get rid of those oily roots, leaves your hair feeling soft and looking great. 




2. Garnier BB Cream
    It contains an SPF 15, evens tone and gives you a healthy glow. For mums on the run its the perfect alternative to a full face of makeup.





3. Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain 
    They're available in 10 great colours, and lasts for hours. The retractable chubby crayon means no sharpener is required, and its super quick to apply as your visitors are walking up the driveway!



Just a few minutes spent on myself always helps me feel human again, and I hope these items will do the same for you.